The Saf-T-Pivot dismount section dramatically reduces the danger workers encounter when dismounting at the top of a climb. Designed to extend 4’6″ above floor level the dismount allows user to rotate 360° to gain safe footing before detaching from the system*. The shuttle can then be removed from the top of the rail if required.
Standard permanent dismount sections are:
- Minimum of 8′, custom lengths available.
- Recommended for every installation where a worker dismounts at the top of a climb.
- Mid-climb dismount sections also available
A stainless steel Quick Release Pin is available to replace the standard stop bolt for convenience during frequent usage. The Quick Release Pin comes with a stainless steel lanyard.
Underground or hatch climbs require the Removable Extension Kit.
Extension Kit components:
- Standard Saf-T-Notch rail: 4-1/2′ length (or 3-1/2′ for uphole climbs) with top 2′ of guide channel removed to permit Saf-T-Grip™ Shuttle to turn 360˚.
- Tie Down Rod with either standard top knob or Quick Release: Assembly with rod threaded at bottom to attach to the Mandril.
- Mandril: Permanently installed 6″ inside of the top section of the Saf-T-Notch rail. Solid bar machined on both ends, drilled and tapped at the top, to accept the Tie Down Rod. Secured in place with two cap screws.
*Users should never detach from fall prevention systems while on climbing sections.