The Saf-T-Notch Removable Extension is installed on ladders where permanent installation of an extension is undesirable. Use for descents to a lower level or when ascending upwards through a hatch.
The kit extends the Saf-T-Notch Rail above the ground or roof level and allows the climber to attach to the Saf-T-Climb system before descending, or to remain attached to the system after ascending through a hatch. This insures the climber’s continued safety when mounting or dismounting the ladder.
When not in use, the extension can be removed so a manhole cover, hatch or grate can be replaced over the opening.
Removable Extension Kit Details
- Galvanized Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Available in two lengths
- 4’6″ for descending climbs
- 3’6″ for ascending climbs
Extension Kit components:
- Standard Saf-T-Notch rail: 4-1/2′ length (or 3-1/2′ for uphole climbs) with top 2′ of guide channel removed to permit Saf-T-Lok Sleeve to turn 360˚.
- Tie Down Rod with either standard top knob or Quick Release: Assembly with rod threaded at bottom to attach to the Mandril.
- Mandril: Permanently installed 6″ inside of the top section of the Saf-T-Notch rail. Solid bar machined on both ends, drilled and tapped at the top, to accept the Tie Down Rod. Secured in place with two cap screws.
- On ascending climb systems, a removable extension holder can be mounted at the top of a ladder allowing user to safely climb without carrying the extension.
Use of one extension rail at multiple sites will require the permanent installation of a Mandril on each ladder.