A convex acrylic bubble door and 4″ tub depth are the primary features of our Clear Vu Series cabinets. The transparent bubble (available in clear, red or bronze acrylic) projects a nominal 2 1/2″ past the cabinet trim, enabling 180° vision of the extinguisher for quick identification in an emergency. The resilience of the bubble makes it both safe and durable. The 4″ tub depth, meanwhile, allows for full recessing into today’s thinner walls, reducing the need for costlier semi-recessed units. Combined, these features make this cabinet ideal for long, narrow hallways or corridors, where the thin walls are common and ease of location is essential.
If Clear Vu cabinets are to be stationed in areas where the A.D.A. code applies, you must use flat trim cabinets only because of the projection of the bubble.
The tub of the Clear Vu is white powder finished cold rolled steel, unless otherwise specified in options. The Clear Vu’s door and trim are available in steel, aluminum, stainless steel, bronze or brass.
All cabinets feature a 1 3/4″ face width on the trim and the door. All semi-recessed cabinets with a 2 1/2″ RT and 3″ RT have trims with a rolled edge construction. All other trim configurations are square edged.
All cabinets come standard with a continuous hinge. The flush cabinet door consists of a formed design with 5/8″ nominal thickness. The doorstop therefore extends 5/8″ into the tub. The standard door hardware consists of a zinc plated pull handle and roller catch. A cylinder lock with flexible cam is standard for SAF-T-LOKTM doors.
- Is the wall fire-rated? If so, select FIRE-FXTM option, unless the cabinet is trimless or surface mounted.
- Does the A.D.A. code apply in the areas the cabinets is stationed? If so, select a cabinet with one of the following trim styles: trimless, flat trim, 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″, or 3″ return trim.
- Select tub l.D: according to size most suited for fire extinguisher and wall opening. (first two digits of part #)
- Select trim material: steel, aluminum, stainless steel, bronze or brass. (third digit of part #)
- Select trim style: trimless, flat trim, 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″, or 3″ surface mount. (fourth digit of part #)
- Select door style: (fifth digit of part #)
- Select door glazing: (last two digits of part #)
Available Door Styles (Select One)
|G||Full acrylic with SAF-T-LOK™|
Available Door Glazing (Select One)
Options (select any)
- Color powder coated tub
- Color powder coated door and trim: for steel only
- Color anodized door and trim: for aluminum only
- Futura “fire” handle
- Fire-FX™ fire rated tub option
- FE letters in black, red, or white
- U.S. 4 satin brass clear coated
- U.S. 9 polished bright bronze clear coated
- U.S. 10B finish dark oxidized bronze oil rubbed
- Aluminum tub: for aluminum cabinets only
- #4 stainless steel tub: for stainless steel only
#6 satin stainless
#7 polished stainless
#8 polished stainless