The FLAME-SHIELD option is available for a variety of Larsen’s fire extinguisher, fire department valve, fire hose and fire blanket cabinets. It is designed specifically to maintain the integrity of one and two hour fire walls with all Larsen’s recessed and semi-recessed cabinets. Warnock-Hersey has certified and listed Larsen’s FLAME-SHIELD option for one and two hour combustible and non-combustible wall systems to meet requirements of UBC Standard 43-6 (ASTM E-814). Larsen’s FLAME-SHIELD option assures the specifier that life safety codes will be maintained and by eliminating the need to continue the fire wall within the rough opening, saves the installer considerable time and expense. Larsen’s FLAME-SHIELD option is appropriate for either new construction or renovation projects.
BOX SPECIFICATION: All boxes for Larsen’s fire protection cabinets with the FLAME-SHIELD option are constructed of cold-rolled steel with baked acrylic enamel finish. The space between the double walls is lined entirely with 5/8″ thick fire barrier material.
DOOR AND TRIM SPECIFICATION: All of Larsen’s door styles are available with the FLAME-SHIELD option. Please refer to the following catalog pages for illustrations and descriptions of these door styles:
- Architectural Series Door Styles
- Gemini Series Door Styles
- Cameo Series Door Styles
- Occult Series Door Styles
- Vista & Rota Series Door Styles
- Valve and Hose Cabinet Door Styles
All of Larsen’s door and trim materials are available with the FLAME-SHIELD option:
- Steel: One piece, cold-rolled with a standard finish of white baked acrylic enamel.
- Aluminum: Extruded or fabricated construction with a standard clear satin anodized finish. A wide selection of optional color anodized finishes is available.
- Stainless Steel: One piece, 304 stainless steel with a standard finish #4 brushed finish or optional #8 polished finish.
- Solid Brass or Solid Bronze: One piece with a standard #4 satin or optional #8 polished finish. All doors and trims have a clear protective coating.
To Specify Larsen’s Flame-Shield Option:
- Select the cabinet type and series required.
- Select the specific cabinet required from the model numbers with the “FS” prefix.
(refer to the dimension charts in the Fire Extinguisher Cabinets profiles)
- Indicate the specific door style required.
See door and trim specifications at the left.
- Select any Options
- Die-Cut Lettering, Vigilante Alarm, Fire Handle
- Special Finishes (paint, color anodized aluminum, #8 stainless steel, brass or bronze)
- Specify: “Provide cabinet with Larsen’s Flame-Shield option, fire-rated cabinet, certified and listed by Warnock-Hersey for one and two hour combustible wall systems to meet the requirements of UBC Standard 43-6 (ASTM E-814). All fire-rated cabinets to have trims with reinforced corners and factory supplied anchoring devices.”
Why should you specify Larsen’s fire-rated cabinets?
- Larsen’s does not subcontract the manufacturing of its fire-rated cabinets to outside sources, but rather maintains quality control by directing the entire fabrication process within its own production facilities.
- Larsen’s provides detailed installation instructions and factory supplied anchoring devices to insure a certified installation.
- Larsen’s is the only manufacturer who provides trims with welded corners.
- Larsen’s offers a wider selection of fire-rated cabinet sizes and types to include valve cabinets, fire hose cabinets, fire blanket cabinets, and heavy gauge cabinets for detention facilities.