Bilco Roof Hatches
Single Leaf Roof Scuttle Type S-20
Type S, 36" x 30" (914mm x 762mm),the easy one-hand operation to the fully open or close position provides the ladder user the security of having one hand firmly on the ladder at all times. Available in galvanized steel or aluminum construction.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on cover and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weathertightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip? flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
- Material (select one):
Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (1.9mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel. Aluminum: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3mm) aluminum. Stainless Steel: Cover and frame are 14 gauge (1.9mm) type 304 stainless steel
- Cover: Breakformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25.4mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
- Curb: 12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25.4mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9.5mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Finish: Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer. Aluminum: Mill Finish. Stainless Steel: Type 304 stainless steel with sandblast finish.
- Hardware: Steel: Engineered composite compression spring tubes. Steel compression springs with electrocoated acrylic finish. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed. Aluminum: Engineered composite compression spring tubes. Steel compression springs with electrocoated acrylic finish. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed. Stainless Steel: Type 316 stainless steel. Submittal Drawings, and 3-part Specifications
Click here to download submittal drawings.
Click here to download 3-part specs.
See related products: Ladders and Ladder Safety Products