Bilco LadderUP® Safety Post
LadderUP® Safety Posts provide easier, safer ladder access through roof hatches; floor, vault and sidewalk doors; and manholes. This telescoping post permanently mounts to the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing a positive hand-hold and enabling the user to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing
- Telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation
- Automatically locks in the fully raised position to provide the user with a firm and steady hand-hold
- Handy release lever allows the post to be easily lowered to its retracted position
- Available in four levels of corrosion resistance to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
Install on fixed ladder(s) below hatch cover(s), LadderUP® safety post Model __ as manufactured by The Bilco Company. Device shall be (refer to chart for material/finish* of model specified). It shall be designed with a telescoping tubular section that locks automatically when fully extended. Upward and downward movement shall be controlled by a stainless steel spring balancing mechanism. Unit shall be completely assembled with fasteners for securing to the ladder rungs in accordance with the manufacturer? instructions. * If installation is to be in corrosive atmosphere, specify Model LU-2, LU-3 or LU-4 as conditions warrant.
Submittal Drawings, and 3-part Specifications
Click here to download 3-part Specs. Click here for submittal drawings.
Standard Sizes and Weights
|LU-1||Steel, black enamel||24||11|
|LU-2||Steel, hot dip galvanized||24||11|
|LU-3||Type 304 stainless steel||24||11|
|LU-4||Aluminum, mill finish||14||7|
See related products: Ladders and Ladder Safety Products