Amerex Stored Pressure Class D Fire Extinguishers
MODEL B570 contains a special blended Sodium Chloride based dry powder extinguishing agent. Heat from the fire causes it to cake and form a crust excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal. Metal fires involving magnesium, sodium, potassium and sodium-potassium alloys can be successfully extinguished with this extinguisher. There is data showing that zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished with this unique extinguisher.
Available in 150 lb. Wheeled or Stationary
MODEL B571 contains a copper extinguishing agent specially developed by the U.S. Navy for fighting lithium and lithium alloy fires. The copper compound smothers the fire and provides an excellent heat sink for dissipating heat. Copper powder has been found to be superior to all other known fire extinguishing agents for lithium. Available in 250 lb. Wheeled.
- Dependable Drawn Steel Cylinders
- All Metal Valve Construction
- Unique "soft flow" extension applicator plus built in long range nozzle
- Special corrosion resistant yellow (Class D) color coded paint finish
- F.M. listed (TO ANSI/UL 299 and ANSI/UL 711)
- Bar Coded and Bi-lingual Labels
6 year warranty
Specifications Download specifications sheet.